Making the best decisions when selecting solar panels for your clients’ energy needs is vital for contractors. You must have a thorough understanding of the solar panel market and the different options available to you. Read through our contractor’s guide to solar panel selection for our top tips.
Understand Your Energy Needs
The first step in selecting solar panels is to calculate your client’s daily energy needs. This figure will determine how much power you need from the solar panel system to meet your client’s energy requirements. Additionally, considering future energy consumption is essential to ensure that the system is scalable.
Calculating Daily Energy Consumption
You can calculate daily energy needs in a home by considering various factors. Here are some methods contractors typically use:
- Estimating Appliance and Building Electronic Energy Use: Contractors may calculate the daily energy consumption of individual appliances by multiplying their power rating (in kW) by the number of hours people use them per day. This calculation helps determine the energy usage of specific devices on a property.
- Annual Electricity Consumption and Costs: Another approach is to estimate the daily energy consumption using the following formula: (Wattage x Hours Used Per Day) ÷ 1000. This calculation provides an estimation of the energy usage for different appliances and electronic devices in the building.
- Energy Usage Calculator: Contractors can also use online calculators that consider factors such as the size of the building, number of occupants, heating system, and types of appliances people use. These calculators provide approximate monthly kWh (kilowatt-hour) usage amounts according to the given information.
Review Solar Panel Options
The three primary solar panels include monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film panels. Monocrystalline panels have high efficiency and long lifespan. Polycrystalline panels are a more affordable option, and thin-film panels are the most flexible and lightweight solution, making them a popular choice for irregular surfaces.
Two Advanced Solar Panels
You should consider other products besides traditional solar panels. MonoPERC and TOPCon panels are popular due to their superior efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Learn more about these panels below.
At HSA Enerji, we provide high-quality MonoPERC solar modules for residential and commercial use. The module’s single, silicon crystal structure offers higher energy yields per square meter and boosts solar panel efficiency without significantly increasing production costs. As a result, these solar panels are an ideal cost-effective solution for several applications.
The PERC technology enhances the performance of the solar cell by adding another layer to its rear side. The added layer helps minimize electron recombination, further improving the overall performance of the MonoPERC solar panel. The addition of the PERC technology optimizes durability, space efficiency, and improved low-light performance.
The smooth appearance of MonoPERC solar panels makes them visually pleasing on rooftops. Most importantly, solar panels produce zero greenhouse gas emissions, making them environmentally friendly and a significant contributor to reducing carbon footprints.
With a double-sided passivation process, these panels significantly reduce recombination losses, boosting the panel’s function. The chemical treatments on the solar cell’s surface prevent the loss of charge through non-radiative recombination, enhancing efficiency, durability, and longevity.
Furthermore, the tunnel oxide layer on both sides of the solar cell adds to the panel’s performance, ensuring a reduced temperature coefficient. The TOPCon panels’ design is perfect for structures with limited space, as they provide an increased power density per unit area.
Both MonoPERC and TOPCon solar panel technology solutions are impressive. These solar panels offer a long-lasting energy solution for clients, whether for commercial or residential applications.
Evaluate Efficiency Ratings
The efficiency rating of a solar panel is a crucial factor to consider. The rating reflects how much energy the panel can produce in different climates and conditions. A higher rating means that the panel will produce more energy, making it a better choice for areas with lower sunlight exposure. Choosing a panel that will meet your client’s energy needs while providing optimal energy savings is essential when evaluating ratings.
Compare Costs and Benefits
Look at the cost and benefits of each solar panel option. The cost will vary based on the type of panel, the efficiency rating, and the size of the system. While a higher efficiency rating may result in higher upfront costs, it can lead to greater energy savings in the long run. Additionally, some solar panels may be eligible for tax incentives and rebates, further reducing the overall cost.
Consider Buying Wholesale Solar Panels
Although prices vary, you may encounter a better deal by purchasing wholesale solar panels from a manufacturer. Explore some reasons why this can help you below.
Purchasing solar panels at wholesale prices allows you to obtain them at a lower cost compared to retail prices. Buying in bulk directly from manufacturers allows you to maximize profit margins.
With reduced costs per panel, you can offer competitive pricing to customers. Competitive pricing can attract more clients and increase the likelihood of securing projects.
Furthermore, wholesale suppliers often work directly with manufacturers to ensure that the products meet strict quality standards. You have greater control over the quality of the products by buying wholesale PV panels, providing peace of mind to you and your customers.
Lastly, buying wholesale gives you a larger inventory of solar panels readily available. This flexibility enables you to meet customer demands without delays (that typically happen due to sourcing individual panels).
Choose a Quality Manufacturer
Regardless of whether you purchase wholesale or source individual panels, selecting a quality manufacturer is crucial to ensure that the solar panel system is reliable and durable. Choosing a well-known company with a good reputation can provide peace of mind that the solar panels will last for many years. Here are some quick tips for choosing the right company.
- Assess the quality of the panels: Examine the manufacturer’s solar panel quality. Only buy panels that meet specific performance and safety standards.
- Consider the warranty: A reputable manufacturer should provide a comprehensive warranty for their solar panels. Review the warranty’s terms, including the coverage period and any limitations or exclusions to ensure you have adequate protection.
- Research the manufacturer’s track record: Investigate whether the manufacturer has a track record of delivering quality products consistently. Look for information on their past projects and installations, customer testimonials, and any industry recognition.
Selecting the right solar panel system for your clients requires careful consideration and a good understanding of the options available. You can ensure your clients take advantage of the best renewable energy option by following our contractor’s guide to solar panel selection.